Thursday, October 18, 2018

Tying my Writer's Noose

               Hanging up the old hat

        I recently started a Blog about how I navigated a messy custody case without a lawyer. How it effected my daughter and the rest of my family, how I doubted myself along the way, tools and resources that were invaluable to me during the toughest parts, the actually legal process, and how I eventually was successful in making sure my daughter was safe and secure.
       I spent a lot of time promoting that blog which to be honest felt kind of superficial. Everything I was writing was real and came from the heart.. but since we're still dealing with the damage that was caused, the timing just didn't feel right. I don't want my daughter to one day hear the details through my writing rather than straight from me.
      I will continue to write about the situation because I do feel that it's important to get it out. Writing is how I cope, rationalize, and vent most circumstances in my life. But until I feel like all the dust has settled, and my family can pick up the peices privately, I won't be publicly sharing the details.
        As a new blogger I felt I was putting myself in a box right from the gate, by only focusing on this one topic. I'm not good at sticking to an niche. I'm a rebel, not quite a Rolling Stone, but more so a tumbling mud ball if you will. A  hot mess of randomness that picks up anything that happens to get stuck to it on the way down.
       So for now I'm going to go back to writing about things that make me truly happy, mixed with my ever so charming sarcasm :) . Maybe I'm committing writer's suicide and that's okay. Above all I have to do what feels right.  So I'm going back to my Humor Through the Chaos, while still writing articles here and there that may touch on more serious topics. I truly hope that my millions of readers understand ;)
Thanks and love to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tying my Writer's Noose

               Hanging up the old hat         I recently started a Blog about how I navigated a messy custody case without a lawyer. How i...